Treasures in Topanga!
I recently paid a visit to LA's Bo-Ho chic paradise, Topanga Canyon, where I channeled my inner Stevie Nicks and danced in the sunshine. Nestled in the mountains of Santa Monica, Topanga Canyon has been a hidden gem of LA since the early 70's. It is a hippy community filled with hiking trails, coffee shops, and my favorite vintage findings! You can spend an entire day here unplugging yourself from the loud sounds of the city and enjoy some time getting lost in nature. It is a beautiful area that provides a perfect backdrop for love.
WonderFact: Tom Petty used to spend time here and this area inspired him to write the song "Topanga Cowgirl"
Hidden Treasures Vintage - My personal favorite highlight in Topanga! It originated in the 70's and sells everything from colorful blankets and rugs to vintage cowboy hats. It is a colorful establishment located on the side of the road in the canyon, you can't miss it!
Wondering where you can shop vintage near you? Here is a list of some of the Best Vintage Stores in America.
- Laced in Romance - Austin, TX - high end vintage with an edgy twist
- Old Made Good - Nashville, TN - 1920's costume jewelry, collectible art, and some mid century furniture
- Ritual -NYC- unworn YSL pieces from the 70's mixed in with pre 1950's wear. A celeb favorite!
- Lost and Found - Royal Oak, MI- men and women's vintage clothing from the 1900's-1980s
- Meeps - Washington DC - casual vintage from the 1960s onward
- Ragstock - Chicago, IL (Wicker Park)-casual vibes and rompers fill this space. Along with some great costumes!
- The House of Findings - Miami, FL - where handmade and contemporary vintage come together!
The Great Wall of Topanga - a Drive-Thru art exhibition along the road in the Canyon. It is maintained by a man named Rick Denman, who has been a longtime biker and resident of Topanga. He scrubbed off the original graffiti and added art to maintain the traffic flow through the mountainous pass.